CARL RUSSO PHOTOS: It was a rolling celebration to honor years of hard work.
Pinkerton Academy and its hundreds of seniors making up the class of 2020 celebrated the end of high school with a celebration parade Monday afternoon, June 8.
Monday would have been the actual commencement date for the class if COVID-19 hadn't taken hold.
More than 100 vehicles lined up near the Derry high school campus, decorated and ready to wind around the buildings, with teachers and staff ready to wave and cheer as seniors drove by.
Many wore their caps and gowns. Some vehicles posted signs of thanks to teachers. Some had personal messages of what lies ahead.
Pinkerton Academy Headmaster Timothy Powers said all efforts were made this year to make the class of 2020 feel special amid some very unique circumstances.
This Week's Circulars
Derry - Nancy B. Scott, 81, of Derry, NH, died on Tuesday June 9, 2020 in Pleasant Valley Nursing Center, Derry. Nancy was born in Derry on March 28, 1939, a daughter of the late Albert and Edna (Purdy) Dick. She worked for many years in the fabric department for Ben Franklin Crafts in Derry…
- Derry rallies to support police
- Fresh from the farm
- The heat is on
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
- Zoning officials approve banners for Apple Tree Mall
- Chief: Derry police force worthy of pride
- Police logs
- Derry school board honors retirees
- Boston man sentenced to 10 years for transporting N.H. minor for sex
- Council considers junkyard licensing, how to handle Old Home Day