CARL RUSSO PHOTOS: In honor of the Nutfield 300th anniversary celebration, an annual event got a bit of a historical twist this year. At Londonderry’s Old Home Day, the traditional softball game played by Londonderry police and fire took on whole new meaning, when both the Londonderry police and fire departments faced the Derry police and fire departments.
This year is the 300th anniversary of the original Nutfield settlement, which both Londonderry and Derry are a part of.
To help fuel that early rivalry in a fun, friendly way, the two towns sent fire and police representatives to play ball at the Londonderry High School field — a way to help honor Nutfield’s rich history.
In the end, it was the Londonderry team coming out on top, 10-8. 8/16/2019
This Week's Circulars
Derry - Lena E. Vaudrien, 96, of Derry, NH died Tuesday, February 11, 2020 at Parkland Medical Center, Derry. Lena was born in Claremont, NH on November 24, 1923, a daughter of the late Cyril and Flora (Lavoie) Lariviere. She had been a resident of Derry since 1957, formerly living in Clarem…
- Londonderry man found not guilty of sex assault on child
- Student memories to live on at West Running Brook
- Cousins arrested on drug charges
- Derry Village Rotary Club club serves up pasta
- Winter warmth on tap at 603 Brewery
- Sanborn Crossing offers affordability for seniors
- Musquash offers winter fun
- A frosty festival
- Real estate transfers
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.