LONDONDERRY — On June 26, with wonderful running weather, 444 kids signed up to run the Kids Summer Fun Runs.
The children donate a nonperishable food item that is brought to St. Thomas Food Pantry. The first week, participants donated 495 pounds of food.
The Kids Summer Fun Runs are held on Tuesdays for six weeks at the Londonderry High School track, with registration at 6 p.m. and races starting at 6:30 p.m.
The Greater Derry Track Club members stretch the kids out and give running tips.
Each age group runs various distances on the track and cross-country mile. Everyone gets participation ribbons. Watermelon, water and Gatorade are available.
The only request is a nonperishable food item each week to help restock the food pantry in thecommunity.
Partipants can run just one week or the entire series. Kids bring their parents to challenge the open mile.
Future dates are July 10, 17, 24, 31, and Aug. 7. Check gdtc.org for weather updates.
• • •
Join the discussion. To comment on stories and see what others are saying, log on to derrynews.com.
Kids Summer Fun Run Results: June 26
1. Isaac Millet1. Loralee Holland
2. Brody Burke2. Jessica Carrier
3. Bailey Pittman3. Samantha Framcs
1. Will Kemball-Cook1. Gwen Barnes
2. Peter Misiaszek2. Anna Haas
3. Liam McIntyre3. Lea Baum
1. Conrad Demers1. Nicole Alves
2. Brant Compitello2. Hannah McCutcheon
3. Alex Beaulieu3. Jacqueline Cerri
1. Cameron Phelps1. Kalin Gregoire
2. Richard D'Amico2. Erin Barnes
3. Connor Keeley3. Adriana Sullivan
1. Lukas Blythe1. Emily Buttafuoco
2. Kayke Alves2. Veronica Sullivan
3. Noah Smalley3. Olivia Balch