, Derry, New Hampshire


December 19, 2013

Teen wants to stop taking drugs

I’m still a minor and a senior in high school. My parents force me to take prescription medication prescribed by a psychiatrist and recommended by a counselor.

I’ve read bad things about the medication and I want to know if a minor can be forced to take prescription drugs and if any law exists so that I can prevent taking the medication or if there is some way I can have this stopped.

One of the problems here is that if your parents did not oversee that you took properly prescribed medication and if something bad were to take place, harming you or someone else, they could face charges, including child endangerment.

Without knowing all of the facts and background, it’s extremely difficult at best to comment. I encourage you to initiate open discussions with everyone, your counselor, your parents and a school guidance counsellor in a non-confrontational manner. Explore options, alternatives and potentially activities that can engage you.

In the extreme, a legal process exists for establishing a guardianship through the courts. The courts appoint a guardian ad litem to interview everyone, then report back to the court, independent of any one of the above focusing only on what is in your best interest. However, this is an extreme and takes a lot of time and money. I encourage open discussions with everyone.

Can I get my money back from a girl I lent $1,500 cash? She needed money to fix her car and other things. She promised if I lent her money she would pay me back and go out on dinner dates and things like that.

Once I gave her the money, she changed entirely. She ignored my texts. When I asked her to go out she called me crazy. She denied the loan. I have the bank receipt for the cash and our texts before. Can I enforce this contract in court?

Text Only | Photo Reprints

Latest News