- Sunday, April 7, 2013
Cursive writing at risk in U.S. schools
Cursive writing is fading from American society thanks to the ubiquitous computer keyboard. Longhand's advocates also blame education standards introduced by the National Governors Association and now adopted by 45 states. Debates over dropping cursive from school curricula pit teachers against teachers, and stoke a fear among historians that we are raising a generation of handwriting illiterates.Continued ...
- Thursday, April 4, 2013
Unmarried couples living together is new norm, U.S. study says
Three of four women in the United States have lived with a partner without being married by age 30, an increasing trend that suggests cohabitation is now a regular part of family life, researchers said.Continued ...
- Wednesday, April 3, 2013
Huh? Michael Jackson's doctor sings during live jailhouse interview
Conrad Murray, while speaking to CNN's Anderson Cooper from jail, suddenly begins singing a song about his life.Continued ...
- 4 free ambient noise websites to help you work
- Tea grows a reputation for healthfulness
- Tuesday, April 2, 2013
- Bones from time of Christ reveal a brutal history
- Obama outlines human brain-mapping initiative
- An app that reminds you when you're due a discount
- Monday, April 1, 2013
- Home energy-saving tips for the spring
- I know about the must-sees, but I must-eat
- Friday, March 29, 2013
- How did lawyers get such a bad reputation?
- Slate: How Instagram will make us all paparazzi
- Thursday, March 28, 2013
- The cost of raising a child, from birth to age 17
- Fraternities worse than Animal House fail to pay for casualties
- Wednesday, March 27, 2013
- Hyper-cleanliness may make us prone to getting sick
- Tuesday, March 26, 2013
- Transcript, audio of gay marriage arguments in Supreme Court
- Biggest Toyota sedan gets major changes
- Friday, March 22, 2013
- VIDEO: Fake pilot arrested on US Airways flight
- Thursday, March 21, 2013
- Why are more children being diagnosed with autism?
- Thursday, March 14, 2013
- VIDEO: Pope Francis privately prays in Rome