While filling taxes can be a pain, many free resources are available to make the process easier and then let you track your refund after you file. From the IRS form for those who are more comfortable with financial infomation to free services that walk you through every step, many people can file taxes for free from home.
Information provided by IRS.gov.
Access free file forms from the IRS
The Internal Revenue Service makes free federal filling available for anyone who's "comfortable" filling with little assistance.
Free federal filing is available for anyone age 71 and younger with an income of $57,000 or less. However, residents of Florida, Nevada, New Hampshire, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas and Washington are not eligible to use Free1040TaxReturn.
Where's my refund?
Use the IRS refund tracker to monitor when you'll get your refund.
TurboTax® Freedom Edition
Free federal return filing if adjusted gross income is $31,000 or less, or $57,000 or less and an active military member. U.S. citizens and resident aliens living in any state are all eligible.
H&R Block's Free File
Anyone living in the United States, under 52 years of age and with an adjusted gross income of $57,000 or less can file using H&R Block's Free File.
VIDEO: Fake nuns caught with cocaine
Three women wearing nun costumes tried to smuggle more than 12 pounds of cocaine out of Colombia. Police spotted the fake garb right away.Continued ...
Hacker group Anonymous targets Mass. city's computers
The internationally-known hacker activist group Anonymous recently targeted the Methuen's computer system in apparent retaliation for the arrest of a Methuen High School student.Continued ...
Most and least-fit states in the U.S.
A new report released by the Centers for Disease Control highlights adult fitness levels based on participation in aerobic and muscle-building activities. Find out which states came in with the fittest and least-fit populations.Continued ...
- How to learn an instrument in 2013
- VIDEO: Florida teenager survives shark attack
- Friday, May 3, 2013
- The best and worst jobs in the current economy
- Tuesday, April 30, 2013
- How to eat for $1.50 a day
- How to minimize the environmental impact of your time at the beach
- Monday, April 29, 2013
- Need a reply fast? Email someone unhappy
- VIDEO: Inmates reviewing prisons on Yelp
- Wednesday, April 17, 2013
- Possible suspect identified in Boston bombing
- VIDEO: Letter with poison sent to Miss. senator
- Tuesday, April 16, 2013
- Forensic investigators discover clues to the Boston bombing
- VIDEO: Obama calls Boston bombings 'act of terror'
- VIDEO: How the Boston bombing will change future marathons
- Massive hunt underway for marathon bombers
- Monday, April 15, 2013
- UPDATE: Police: Third explosion at the JFK Library
- Monday, April 8, 2013
- VIDEO: Margaret Thatcher, 'Iron Lady,' dead at 87
- Sunday, April 7, 2013
- Education goals stress keyboarding - not cursive
- Cursive writing at risk in U.S. schools
- VIDEO: Fake nuns caught with cocaine