, Derry, New Hampshire


October 25, 2012

Tragedy strikes Enquist family again

LONDONDERRY — As authorities continue to actively investigate the murder of a local man two years ago, tragedy has struck again for the Enquist family.

The New Hampshire attorney general’s office is still trying to determine who shot and killed Thomas Enquist Sr., 42, of Londonderry in November 2010. His bullet-ridden body was found in his pickup truck along Route 101 in Auburn.

On Oct. 17, the body of 22-year-old Thomas Enquist Jr. was found in the family’s Woodhenge Circle home. A cousin came home to find the young man on the bathroom floor with blood coming from his head, according to Londonderry police.

Police say the case is still under investigation, but evidence recovered at the scene indicated it may have been a drug overdose.

The state medical examiner’s office and the Rockingham County attorney’s office were notified. Londonderry police Lt. Kevin Cavallaro said his department is awaiting toxicology reports.

“It is one of those unfortunate cases,” Cavallaro said. “Unfortunately, his life ended young.”

His death marks the end of a troubled life for the younger Enquist, who was released from the county jail only days ago.

Thomas Enquist Jr. was convicted of criminal threatening Sept. 17 and received a 30-day jail sentence, but was apparently released early, Cavallaro said.

He had run-ins with the law since he was a teenager following his first arrest on a drug possession charge in 2007, Cavallaro said. That charge was later dropped.

“We had a lot of contact with him,” Cavallaro said.

Thomas Enquist Jr. had also just been released from jail only a month before his father’s death, which occurred a couple of days before Thanksgiving.

Two years ago, Thomas Enquist Jr. stood in an ice-cold November rain and fought back tears as he told a reporter how his father didn’t deserve to be murdered, calling him a changed man after spending much of his life behind bars.

Text Only | Photo Reprints

Latest News