Help people who require special assistance such as elderly people living alone, people with disabilities and children.
Never use a generator, grill, camp stove or other gasoline, propane, natural gas or charcoal-burning devices inside a home, garage, basement, crawlspace or any partially enclosed area. Locate unit away from doors, windows and vents that could allow carbon monoxide to come indoors.
In advance of severe winter weather, local residents should prepare by checking and making an inventory of the following items: flashlights and fresh batteries; a battery-operated radio and clock; bottled water, canned foods and a manual can opener; a list of important phone numbers and a car charger for cell phones if applicable; and a first aid kit.
Additional winter storm safety information is available at redcross.org/nh. Outage updates for customers and information on how Unitil restores power are available at unitil.com.