, Derry, New Hampshire

Crime / Court

July 11, 2013

N.H. State Police had busy holiday weekend

The extended Fourth of July holiday kept New Hampshire State Police busy.

From July 4 through July 7, troopers made 91 arrests, 28 of them for DWI.

On July 3, police responded to a fatal accident on Interstate 93 in Windham, near Exit 3. A Boston man died after he was struck by a car driven by an allegedly drunken driver. He and his passengers were standing behind their car in the breakdown lane when the accident occurred.

The State Police Bureau of Marine Patrol was busy, too.

On Friday, Marine Patrol officers assisted in the recovery of a drowning victim from the Merrimack River in Concord. Gary Lacroix, 59, of Concord drowned.

On Saturday, Marine Patrol officers assisted N.H. Fish and Game officers in the search and eventual recovery of drowning victim Daron Graham, 20, of Penacook. Graham drowned in the Merrimack River in Boscawen.

Also on Saturday, Marine Patrol officers investigated a third incident in which Massachusetts resident Sheldon Jean-Laurent, 18, drowned after disappearing in Country Pond in Newton. Jean-Laurent was eventually transported to Brigham & Women’s Hospital in Boston, where he later died.

Troopers from the New Hampshire State Police Troop-C and the Major Crimes Unit responded to Unity Saturday, where Fish and Game officers and the NE K-9 Search and Rescue had located body of Kelly Robarge, 42, of Charlestown. Robarge has been missing since June 27 under suspicious circumstances.

On Sunday, troopers from Troop D responded to a fatal accident in Epsom. Allen Field, 18, died after failing to negotiate a turn on New Rye Road. Epsom police had seen Field’s vehicle behind Central School on Black Hall Road. Field fled when police tried to stop him. Police stopped the pursuit, and a short time later found Field and his crashed vehicle on New Rye Road. The investigation into this crash is continuing.

Text Only | Photo Reprints
Crime / Court

Latest News