- Wednesday, April 2, 2014
VIDEO: Nolan Ryan's wild first pitch
Even in his most dominant years, Nolan Ryan was never known for his pinpoint control. The all-time Major League leader in strikeouts -- and walks -- threw out the ceremonial first pitch this week before the Houston Astros' opener against the New York Yankees. It did not go well.Continued ...
VIDEO: Angels hitting coach suffers bizarre leg injury
LA Angels hitting coach Don Baylor suffered a broken leg while squatting to catch a ceremonial first pitch from former Angel Vladimir Guerrero on Opening Day.Continued ...
- Tuesday, April 1, 2014
For April Fools' Day: A sampling of scientific hoaxes over the centuries
Speaking of jokes, in honor of April Fools' Day, Discovery magazine's Jonathon Keats briefly recounts some scientific hoaxes perpetrated over the centuries. His catalogue of cons includes "Aristotle's Masterpiece," a 17th-century mishmash of bogus medical texts and sex advice that remained in publication for 200 years.Continued ...
- Sibling says Dexter drama motivated sister's 'lie' of mass murder
- Starbucks retools pastry menu after customer complaints
- VIDEO: Pepperoni, extra cheese and...pot?
- Legendary? Breaking down the HIMYM finale on social media
- Ranking the Supreme Court's heavy hitters
- Monday, March 31, 2014
- How improv comedy skills became a must-have for entrepreneurs
- VIDEO: Two-Legged boxer pup's first trip to beach goes viral
- Wall Street suicides related to demographics, not work
- Fact Checker: 'Birth control' for something other than family planning?
- Saturday, March 29, 2014
- No shows escaped death by Craigslist killer
- Friday, March 28, 2014
- Do animals have a sense of humor?
- Divorce is on the rise, and it's the baby boomers' fault
- VIDEO: Firefighters sing song from 'Frozen' to calm girl stuck in elevator
- Thursday, March 27, 2014
- The logic of Facebook's multibillion-dollar shopping spree
- VIDEO: Would-be carjacker stymied by stick shift
- Census: U.S. has fewest births since 1998
- Mudslide region deals with 'mind-numbing' disaster