- Thursday, August 7, 2014
Tattletales turn to Twitter to shame water wasters
California's record drought has unleashed a flood of social-media tattletales. Vigilantes armed with cameraphones prowl neighborhoods from San Diego to San Francisco documenting sprinklers running freely, runoff flowing from saturated lawns and other water-wasters.Continued ...
The joy of being a single male
Here's a truism that also happens to be true: Single men are seen as happy-go-lucky bachelors having too much fun to settle down, while single women are often seen as sad and bereft creatures desperate to snag a man.Continued ...
Break the college cartel
Ask liberals why college is getting so expensive, and they'll probably tell you it's a case of government neglect. Ask conservatives the same question, and they'll tell you the opposite.Continued ...
- Wednesday, August 6, 2014
- Your brain helps you judge a face before you even see it
- For some, pregnancy is heavy-duty work
- VIDEO: Katy Perry song soothes fussy baby
- Tuesday, August 5, 2014
- 'Baconholics' undeterred by 30-year high pork prices
- When doctors compete, do you win?
- How to spot a narcissist
- Monday, August 4, 2014
- Controversial Amway-style sales approach draws greater scrutiny
- After snowboarding accident robs a man of his voice, music helps bring it back
- Sales tax holidays: Beloved by many, except economists
- Sterling not the only bad sports team owner
- Friday, August 1, 2014
- Church's denied request for National Guard visit draws national attention
- Beretta, other gun makers heading to friendlier states
- VIDEO: Dog 'faints' from excitement of seeing owner
- Thursday, July 31, 2014
- Why a see-through mouse is a big deal for scientists
- VIDEO: Five-year-old doesn't want her brother to grow up
- Police department turns to Facebook for guidance on use of 'negro'
- The virtues of lying