TV and radio stations out of Fargo, North Dakota are reporting that a local woman will not hand out candy to children she believes are 'moderately obese.' Instead she plans to give those kids a letter to take home to their parents which claims it is "irresponsible" to let them trick or treat.
If you were a crustacean, would you feel pain?
A scientist and a seafood chef walk into a bar. "We have a mutual interest," says the scientist. "I study crustaceans and you cook them." But the chef wanted to know just one thing: Do the animals feel pain?Continued ...
How virus sleuths and public health officials track the cause of a mysterious illness
When a mysterious disease fells people - as happened in California recently, with as many as 20 children experiencing unexplained paralysis - teams of physicians and epidemiologists quickly mobilize. Perhaps you saw the movie "Contagion"? The idea is to find the culprit before it spreads but also to prevent public panic.Continued ...
First Apple, now Google hit with kids' app lawsuit
Last month, 4- and 5-year-old brothers in New York quickly spent $65.95 in real money to buy virtual goods in Marvel's Run Jump Splash game on the family tablet. They were able to rack up the charges without entering a password. And for that, the boys' mother has joined a class-action lawsuit filed Tuesday against Google, accusing the company of deceiving consumers about its in-app purchase system, which critics say makes it too easy for kids to spend money on their Android devices.Continued ...
- VIDEO: First month of Colorado pot legalization brought in $2M in tax revenue
- VIDEO: NHL game postponed after player collapses
- VIDEO: Family rescued from ferocious feline
- Monday, March 10, 2014
- In this tech age, how can a plane go missing?
- VIDEO: Skydiver, pilot treated after midair collision
- Researchers tackle mystery of how some snakes can fly
- Holder: Heroin deaths an 'urgent and growing public health crisis'
- Friday, March 7, 2014
- Most deadly fraternity scraps initiation for new members
- VIDEO: Michigan woman's death, mummified body hidden by auto-pay for six years
- VIDEO: Chrysler orders community college to crush rare Dodge Viper
- VIDEO: Penguin sweaters save birds trapped in oil spills
- Thursday, March 6, 2014
- VIDEO: Kentucky AG holds back tears, announces he won't defend marriage ban
- Staples to close 225 stores as online competition hurts sales
- 2 in Indiana sickened after eating contaminated Skittles
- VIDEO: A panoramic view from atop One World Trade Center
- 5 memorable college hoops tourney buzzer beaters
- What you need to know about subtle office bullying
- If you were a crustacean, would you feel pain?