With extreme weather season beginning for much of the middle of the country, it's time to load smartphones with apps to track thunderstorms, hail, damaging winds and tornadoes.
Red Cross Tornado App
The Red Cross app has alarms that go off if NOAA issues tornado warnings for your area and includes instructions on what to do if television and cellular service are disrupted.
The app is available for free from Apple and Android stores.
RadarScope is an advanced NEXRAD radar app for monitoring daily or extreme weather. While the radar display works for daily usages, warnings appear on the field indicated in color-coded polygons.
The app is available for $9.99 from Apple and Android stores.
Voodoo Skies Normal or Not
Lots of apps will help you track current conditions. Voodoo Skies allows you to compare current conditions to historic weather data.
The app is available for free from the Apple store.
How spy agencies keep their 'toys' from law enforcement
A little over a decade ago, federal prosecutors used keystroke logging software to steal the encryption password of an alleged New Jersey mobster, Nicodemo Scarfo Jr., so they could get evidence from his computer to be used at his trial.Continued ...
Russia's war on McDonald's takes aim at the Filet-o-Fish
Russia said earlier this week that it had no intention of answering Western sanctions by making it harder for Western companies to conduct business in Russia.Continued ...
But all bets are off, apparently, when you threaten the Russian waistline.
Don't judge mothers with messy homes
I was building shelves in my garage when a neighbor girl, one of my 4-year-old daughter's friends, approached me and said, "I just saw in your house. It's pretty dirty. Norah's mommy needs to clean more."Continued ...
- Arizona's prolonged lethal injection is fourth in U.S. this year
- Technology plays key part in battling police brutality (VIDEO)
- Facebook continues moneymaking trend
- Has the ipad lost its swag?
- Wednesday, July 23, 2014
- Almost half of America's obese youth don't know they're obese
- Darth Vader is polling higher than all potential 2016 presidential candidates
- Tuesday, July 22, 2014
- Llama on the loose corralled in Missouri town
- An oncologist uses scorpion venom to locate cancer cells
- VIDEO: Train collides with semi truck carrying lighter fluid
- What we get wrong about millennials living at home
- Monday, July 21, 2014
- Wal-Mart to cut prices more aggressively in back-to-school push
- Hospitals let patients schedule ER visits
- Starved Pennsylvania 7-year-old weighed only 25 pounds
- Friday, July 18, 2014
- Malaysians wonder 'Why us?' after second loss of airline jet
- A quarter of the world's most educated people live in the 100 largest cities
- Your chocolate addiction is only going to get more expensive
- Thursday, July 17, 2014
- Facebook tests button to let people shop from its website
- How spy agencies keep their 'toys' from law enforcement