With extreme weather season beginning for much of the middle of the country, it's time to load smartphones with apps to track thunderstorms, hail, damaging winds and tornadoes.
Red Cross Tornado App
The Red Cross app has alarms that go off if NOAA issues tornado warnings for your area and includes instructions on what to do if television and cellular service are disrupted.
The app is available for free from Apple and Android stores.
RadarScope is an advanced NEXRAD radar app for monitoring daily or extreme weather. While the radar display works for daily usages, warnings appear on the field indicated in color-coded polygons.
The app is available for $9.99 from Apple and Android stores.
Voodoo Skies Normal or Not
Lots of apps will help you track current conditions. Voodoo Skies allows you to compare current conditions to historic weather data.
The app is available for free from the Apple store.
An alarming threat to airlines that no one's talking about
It's been an abysmal year for the flying public. Planes have crashed in bad weather, disappeared over the Indian Ocean and tragically crossed paths with anti-aircraft missiles over Ukraine.Continued ...
Sharknado 2 set to attack viewers tonight
In the face of another "Sharknado" TV movie (the even-more-inane "Sharknado 2: The Second One," premiering Wednesday night on Syfy), there isn't much for a critic to say except to echo what the characters themselves so frequently scream when confronted by a great white shark spinning toward them in a funnel cloud:Continued ...
Spanx stretches into new territory with jeans, but promised magic is elusive
The Spanx empire of stomach-flattening, thigh-slimming, jiggle-reducing foundation garments has expanded to include what the brand promises is the mother of all body-shaping miracles: Spanx jeans.Continued ...
- Medical marijuana opponents' most powerful argument is at odds with a mountain of research
- Obama had crush on First Lady of Rock
- Can black women have it all?
- Monday, July 28, 2014
- Redskins not the only nickname to cause a stir
- 'Rebel' mascot rising from the dead
- Fast food comes to standstill in China
- Stranger’s generosity stuns Ohio veteran
- VIDEO: High-dive accident caught on tape
- Where cats are more popular than dogs in the U.S.-and all over the world
- Friday, July 25, 2014
- How spy agencies keep their 'toys' from law enforcement
- Russia's war on McDonald's takes aim at the Filet-o-Fish
- Don't judge mothers with messy homes
- Thursday, July 24, 2014
- Arizona's prolonged lethal injection is fourth in U.S. this year
- Technology plays key part in battling police brutality (VIDEO)
- Facebook continues moneymaking trend
- Has the ipad lost its swag?
- Wednesday, July 23, 2014
- Almost half of America's obese youth don't know they're obese
- An alarming threat to airlines that no one's talking about