A mother is sharing the story of the moment her son realized he was going to die and texted her goodbye.
Police department turns to Facebook for guidance on use of 'negro'
What seems to be a data entry mistake by a small town police department in western New York has turned into a social media firestorm centered around the word "negro" and whether it's acceptable to use in modern society.Continued ...
The virtues of lying
Two computational scientists set out recently to simulate the effects of lying in a virtual human population. Their results, published in the Proceedings of the Royal Society B, show that lying is essential for the growth of a cohesive social network.Continued ...
Sunburn isn't the only sign of summer that can leave you itchy and blistered
You've got a rash. You quickly rule out the usual suspects: You haven't been gardening or hiking or even picnicking, so it's probably not a plant irritant such as poison ivy or wild parsnip; likewise, it's probably not chiggers or ticks carrying Lyme disease; and you haven't been swimming in a pond, which can harbor the parasite that causes swimmer's itch.Continued ...
- Survey results in legislation to battle sexual assault on campus
- An alarming threat to airlines that no one's talking about
- Sharknado 2 set to attack viewers tonight
- Tuesday, July 29, 2014
- Spanx stretches into new territory with jeans, but promised magic is elusive
- Medical marijuana opponents' most powerful argument is at odds with a mountain of research
- Obama had crush on First Lady of Rock
- Can black women have it all?
- Monday, July 28, 2014
- Redskins not the only nickname to cause a stir
- 'Rebel' mascot rising from the dead
- Fast food comes to standstill in China
- Stranger’s generosity stuns Ohio veteran
- VIDEO: High-dive accident caught on tape
- Where cats are more popular than dogs in the U.S.-and all over the world
- Friday, July 25, 2014
- How spy agencies keep their 'toys' from law enforcement
- Russia's war on McDonald's takes aim at the Filet-o-Fish
- Don't judge mothers with messy homes
- Thursday, July 24, 2014
- Arizona's prolonged lethal injection is fourth in U.S. this year
- Police department turns to Facebook for guidance on use of 'negro'