There are apps to help you manage your time, your money and your health. If you have problems waking up or going to sleep, there's an app for that. But there are a few apps that absolutely no one needs.
Virtual Candle Free
This app displays a glowing candle on your screen with a touch-sensitive flame. The app page boasts a "library of themes with exquisitely designed skins."
The app is available for free from the Apple store.
Hold the Button
This app is promoted as a game in which players simply hold their finger on the screen as long as possible. The app tracks your best record and even displays a leaderboard of the people who have managed to keep their finger on their phone screen the longest.
The app is available for free in the Apple store.
The app instructs you to put your phone in your pocket and jump so the phone can record your "hangtime."
Tha app advises you not to throw your phone in the air.
Hangtime is available for $0.99 on the Apple store.
Almost half of America's obese youth don't know they're obese
The good news is that after decades of furious growth, obesity rates finally seem to be leveling off in the U.S.. The bad news is that America's youth still appear to be dangerously unaware of the problem.Continued ...
Darth Vader is polling higher than all potential 2016 presidential candidates
On the other hand, with a net favorability of -8, Jar Jar is considerably more popular than the U.S. Congress, which currently enjoys a net favorability rating of -65.Continued ...
Llama on the loose corralled in Missouri town
A llama on the lam cruised Main Street Tuesday before it mistook a resident’s fenced backyard for a place to grab a meal and freshen up.Continued ...
- An oncologist uses scorpion venom to locate cancer cells
- VIDEO: Train collides with semi truck carrying lighter fluid
- What we get wrong about millennials living at home
- Monday, July 21, 2014
- Wal-Mart to cut prices more aggressively in back-to-school push
- Hospitals let patients schedule ER visits
- Starved Pennsylvania 7-year-old weighed only 25 pounds
- Friday, July 18, 2014
- Malaysians wonder 'Why us?' after second loss of airline jet
- A quarter of the world's most educated people live in the 100 largest cities
- Your chocolate addiction is only going to get more expensive
- Thursday, July 17, 2014
- Facebook tests button to let people shop from its website
- The terrible history of passenger planes getting shot out of the sky
- We're raising a generation of timid kids
- Starbucks sees more Apple-like stores after Colombia debut
- Wednesday, July 16, 2014
- VIDEO: New story emerges about Texas children locked in hot car
- Gunshots narrowly miss TV reporter
- 25 hidden secrets in "Weird Al's" "Word Crimes" video
- VIDEO: Comcast apologizes after customer service call goes viral
- Almost half of America's obese youth don't know they're obese