In the absence of a palette of watercolors and a sketchpad, these three apps can fill in as your art supplies of choice.
For a lover of watercolors, Auryn Ink puts them in your pocket. The app lets the "painter" pick the canvas texture and waterflow effect. Paint on the phone by using different speed and pressure.
Auryn Ink is available for Apple and Android devices for $3.99.
Instead of scraping paint from a canvas, Layers lets users scrape away parts of one image to reveal parts of another. Import photos to trace or work freehand.
Layers is available from Apple stores for $4.99.
For those more familiar with graphic design, Adobe Ideas brings the vector illustration to the mobile platform. The app includes classic and familiar tools like the paint bucket and eyedropper.
Creations can also be saved and opened in the full version of Adobe Illustrator and syncs with other Adobe apps.
Adobe Ideas is available for free from the Apple store.
Survey results in legislation to battle sexual assault on campus
Missouri U.S. Sen. Claire McCaskill joined a bipartisan group of senators Wednesday to announce legislation that aims to reduce the number of sexual assaults on college campuses.Continued ...
Sheriff accused of lying about relationship with prostitute
The sheriff of Clark County, Ind., faces an eight-count federal indictment that accuses him of lying about paying a prostitute for a sex act and giving her a badge so that she could claim a discount rate at a hotel.Continued ...
An alarming threat to airlines that no one's talking about
It's been an abysmal year for the flying public. Planes have crashed in bad weather, disappeared over the Indian Ocean and tragically crossed paths with anti-aircraft missiles over Ukraine.Continued ...
- Sharknado 2 set to attack viewers tonight
- Spanx stretches into new territory with jeans, but promised magic is elusive
- Sideshows involving Rice and Dungy stain NFL's image
- Medical marijuana opponents' most powerful argument is at odds with a mountain of research
- Obama had crush on First Lady of Rock
- Can black women have it all?
- Monday, July 28, 2014
- Redskins not the only nickname to cause a stir
- 'Rebel' mascot rising from the dead
- Fast food comes to standstill in China
- Stranger’s generosity stuns Ohio veteran
- VIDEO: High-dive accident caught on tape
- Where cats are more popular than dogs in the U.S.-and all over the world
- Sunday, July 27, 2014
- Hall of Fame adds businesslike Braves, Frank Thomas, managers La Russa and Torre
- Friday, July 25, 2014
- Brother sues W.Va. senator over business loan
- How spy agencies keep their 'toys' from law enforcement
- Russia's war on McDonald's takes aim at the Filet-o-Fish
- Don't judge mothers with messy homes
- Survey results in legislation to battle sexual assault on campus