In the absence of a palette of watercolors and a sketchpad, these three apps can fill in as your art supplies of choice.
For a lover of watercolors, Auryn Ink puts them in your pocket. The app lets the "painter" pick the canvas texture and waterflow effect. Paint on the phone by using different speed and pressure.
Auryn Ink is available for Apple and Android devices for $3.99.
Instead of scraping paint from a canvas, Layers lets users scrape away parts of one image to reveal parts of another. Import photos to trace or work freehand.
Layers is available from Apple stores for $4.99.
For those more familiar with graphic design, Adobe Ideas brings the vector illustration to the mobile platform. The app includes classic and familiar tools like the paint bucket and eyedropper.
Creations can also be saved and opened in the full version of Adobe Illustrator and syncs with other Adobe apps.
Adobe Ideas is available for free from the Apple store.
Redskins not the only nickname to cause a stir
Daniel Snyder has come under fire for refusing to change the mascot of his NFL team, the Washington Redskins. The Redskins, however, are far from being the only controversial mascot in sports history. Here is a sampling of athletic teams from all areas of the sports world that were outside the norm.Continued ...
'Rebel' mascot rising from the dead
Students and alumni from a Richmond, Va.-area high school are seeking to revive the school's historic mascot, a Confederate soldier known as the "Rebel Man," spurring debate about the appropriateness of public school connections to the Civil War and its icons.Continued ...
Fast food comes to standstill in China
The shortage of meat is the result of China's latest food scandal, in which a Shanghai supplier allegedly tackled the problem of expired meat by putting it in new packaging and shipping it to fast-food restaurants around the countryContinued ...
- Stranger’s generosity stuns Ohio veteran
- VIDEO: High-dive accident caught on tape
- Where cats are more popular than dogs in the U.S.-and all over the world
- Sunday, July 27, 2014
- Hall of Fame adds businesslike Braves, Frank Thomas, managers La Russa and Torre
- Friday, July 25, 2014
- Brother sues W.Va. senator over business loan
- How spy agencies keep their 'toys' from law enforcement
- Russia's war on McDonald's takes aim at the Filet-o-Fish
- Don't judge mothers with messy homes
- Inequality crisis shot with factual problems, hypocrisy
- Thursday, July 24, 2014
- Arizona's prolonged lethal injection is fourth in U.S. this year
- Technology plays key part in battling police brutality (VIDEO)
- Better police needed for college teams enticed to cheat
- Facebook continues moneymaking trend
- Has the ipad lost its swag?
- Wednesday, July 23, 2014
- Almost half of America's obese youth don't know they're obese
- Darth Vader is polling higher than all potential 2016 presidential candidates
- Tuesday, July 22, 2014
- Expectations too high for a rehabbing Woods
- Redskins not the only nickname to cause a stir