Two alligators of record-breaking size, both over 700 pounds, were caught this week in Mississippi, one right after the other.
Two alligators of record-breaking size, both over 700 pounds, were caught this week in Mississippi, one right after the other, according to the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks.
The first alligator, weighing in at 723.5 pounds and measuring 13 feet 5.5 inches, was killed shortly after midnight on Sept. 1, breaking the current record of 697.5 pounds from 2012.
An hour later, a second alligator was killed, weighing 727 pounds and measuring 13 feet 4.5 inches.
Mississippi isn't the only home to large alligators. In May 2013, a teen in Texas killed an 800-pound alligator south of San Antonio, according to Fox News.
VIDEO: Train collides with semi truck carrying lighter fluid
A truck driver from Washington is fortunate to be alive after driving his semi onto a set of tracks near Somerset, Ky., and being struck by a locomotive, which ignited his load of charcoal lighter fluid.Continued ...
What we get wrong about millennials living at home
If the media is to be believed, America is facing a major crisis. "Kids," some age 25, 26, or even 30 years old, are living out of their childhood bedrooms and basements at alarmingly high numbers. The hand-wringing overlooks one problem: It's all overblown.Continued ...
Wal-Mart to cut prices more aggressively in back-to-school push
Wal-Mart Stores plans to cut prices more aggressively during this year's back-to-school season and will add inventory to its online store as the chain battles retailers for student spending.Continued ...
- Hospitals let patients schedule ER visits
- Starved Pennsylvania 7-year-old weighed only 25 pounds
- Sparring justices find little disagreement at the opera
- Friday, July 18, 2014
- Malaysians wonder 'Why us?' after second loss of airline jet
- A quarter of the world's most educated people live in the 100 largest cities
- Your chocolate addiction is only going to get more expensive
- Zamperini, the Olympian and POW, was a hero because of his faith
- Thursday, July 17, 2014
- Facebook tests button to let people shop from its website
- The terrible history of passenger planes getting shot out of the sky
- Posturing, predictions fly as SEC turns to a new season
- We're raising a generation of timid kids
- Starbucks sees more Apple-like stores after Colombia debut
- Wednesday, July 16, 2014
- VIDEO: New story emerges about Texas children locked in hot car
- Gunshots narrowly miss TV reporter
- 25 hidden secrets in "Weird Al's" "Word Crimes" video
- VIDEO: Comcast apologizes after customer service call goes viral
- Tuesday, July 15, 2014
- When your doctor commits suicide, things get complicated
- VIDEO: Train collides with semi truck carrying lighter fluid