New York City mayoral candidate Anthony Weiner got into a shouting match with a constituent Wednesday at a baked goods store in Borough Park. While exiting the store, Weiner was interrupted by a man in a yarmulke calling him "disgusting."
Weiner, voter exchange heated words
While exiting a baked goods store in the Borough Park neighborhood of Brooklyn, New York City mayoral candidate Anthony Weiner was interrupted by a man in a yarmulke calling him "disgusting." The man then apparently yells, "You’re a real scumbag, Anthony." Weiner continues to make his way out, saying, “Wow, very nice. Very nice. That’s a charming guy right there." Then, the man appears to say, "You’re married to an Arab." At that point, Weiner says, "That’s very nice, in front of children you use that language." The argument escalates from there. The Weiner campaign later released a full video of the confrontation.
If you were a crustacean, would you feel pain?
A scientist and a seafood chef walk into a bar. "We have a mutual interest," says the scientist. "I study crustaceans and you cook them." But the chef wanted to know just one thing: Do the animals feel pain?Continued ...
Kentucky's imperfect season shows one-and-dones have lots to learn
Despite recruiting the nation's top freshmen class, John Calipari and the Kentucky Wildcats fell far short of expectations this year. Their under-achieving season proves the importance of cohesion and chemistry - not just talent - in college basketball success.Continued ...
How virus sleuths and public health officials track the cause of a mysterious illness
When a mysterious disease fells people - as happened in California recently, with as many as 20 children experiencing unexplained paralysis - teams of physicians and epidemiologists quickly mobilize. Perhaps you saw the movie "Contagion"? The idea is to find the culprit before it spreads but also to prevent public panic.Continued ...
- First Apple, now Google hit with kids' app lawsuit
- VIDEO: First month of Colorado pot legalization brought in $2M in tax revenue
- VIDEO: NHL game postponed after player collapses
- VIDEO: Family rescued from ferocious feline
- Monday, March 10, 2014
- In this tech age, how can a plane go missing?
- VIDEO: Skydiver, pilot treated after midair collision
- Researchers tackle mystery of how some snakes can fly
- Holder: Heroin deaths an 'urgent and growing public health crisis'
- Friday, March 7, 2014
- Most deadly fraternity scraps initiation for new members
- VIDEO: Michigan woman's death, mummified body hidden by auto-pay for six years
- VIDEO: Chrysler orders community college to crush rare Dodge Viper
- Giving businesses choice is not legalizing discrimination
- VIDEO: Penguin sweaters save birds trapped in oil spills
- Thursday, March 6, 2014
- VIDEO: Kentucky AG holds back tears, announces he won't defend marriage ban
- Staples to close 225 stores as online competition hurts sales
- 2 in Indiana sickened after eating contaminated Skittles
- VIDEO: A panoramic view from atop One World Trade Center
- If you were a crustacean, would you feel pain?