A short Vine video captured the moment a pickup truck and trailer veered into a median and ramped over a guardrail into a creek in Michigan, according to the Lansing State Journal.
The driver, a 59-year-old Kentwood man, was transported to the hospital with serious injuries after the pickup he was driving veered into a median and launched over a guardrail into a creek, according to Ingham County Sheriff’s Sgt. Matthew Flint. The driver was extricated from the pickup, which was towing a utility trailer carrying a riding lawn mower.
Affirmative action ruling challenges colleges seeking diversity
The U.S. Supreme Court's support of Michigan's ban on race-based affirmative action in university admissions may spur colleges to find new ways to achieve diversity without using racial preferences.Continued ...
A 'wearable robot' helps her walk again
Science is about facts, numbers, laws and formulas. To be really good at it, you need to spend a lot of time in school. But science is also about something more: dreaming big and helping people.Continued ...
Cuba is running out of condoms
The newest item on Cuba's list of dwindling commodities is condoms, which are now reportedly in short supply. In response, the Cuban government has approved the sale of expired condoms.Continued ...
- The waffle taco's biggest enemy isn't McDonald's. It's consumer habits.
- VIDEO: Leopard attacks crowd in India
- The top 12 government programs ever
- 'Warlock' in West Virginia accused of sexual assault
- Basketball stars may linger on campus a while longer
- Cats outsmart the researchers
- House Republicans are more active on Twitter than Democrats
- Monday, April 21, 2014
- Do your genes make you procrastinate?
- Do White Castle prices tell us anything about the minimum wage?
- VIDEO: Moose charges snowmobile, flees after warning shot
- Can Hillary Clinton rock the cradle and the world?
- Friday, April 18, 2014
- Paint, doodle and sketch: 3 apps for art lovers
- Smartphone kill switches are coming
- Why do wolves howl?
- Biggest student loan profits come from grad students
- Pennsylvania won’t take action following Ohio ruling on quakes, fracking
- Warren's populist pitch on student loans is off key
- Affirmative action ruling challenges colleges seeking diversity